GET CONNECTED TODAY!
If internet service is part of your daily life, we look forward to connecting you. Sign up today and we’ll let you know when service is available in your area.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lightning fast internet connection!
Fast internet access is available in Taunton, Raynham, Berkley and surrounding areas.
With a 100% fiber optic connection to your home or business, you finally have a better option for internet service. Why is fiber optic internet better? It has all the advantages of broadband internet with new capabilities that you can only get from TMLP Online:
- TMLP Online offers the fastest bandwidth in both directions. Send and receive emails, video and pics faster than before.
- TMLP Online offers up to 1Gbps bandwidth. That’s more than 100 times faster than even the newest cable modem or DSL providers!
As such we have created our own policy that honors our state’s global warming initiative and created a rate that allows our customers a choice to have their electricity come from 100% renewable energy sources; Go Green 100%.
- Successfully managed its customers’ investment – Low rates, reliable service
- Responded to and anticipate the evolving energy needs of our customers – We support economic development that makes sense for our communities
- Remained focused on community values
- Positioned itself and earned the respect as an industry leader
- Retained the best employees – a highly-skilled and professional workforce whose members truly care about keeping this public power company intact for another century.
Our ultimate goal is to provide the necessary information to our customer-owners so they can make an informed decision when the time comes to choose an energy provider. The choice has been and remains in the hands of our customer-owners.
We proudly service over 38,000 customers in a 100 square miles which include, Taunton, Raynham, Berkley, portions of Dighton, Lakeville and Bridgewater. We are governed by a three-member Board of Commissioners who are elected by the citizens of Taunton to serve a two year term.
We have been a municipal electric utility since 1897!
What makes up your rate?
Designed to collect costs for meter installation, reading and maintenance. Also overheads related to billing, customer records and service.
Cost for building, operating and maintaining TMLP’s distribution system to our customers. The system delivers electricity throughout our service territory to your location.
Costs associated with delivering electricity via high voltage lines from a power generator outside our service territory to our local distribution system.
A result of deregulation, these costs are associated with past utility investments including power generating facilities and energy contracts.
Costs associated with converting fuel sources into electricity and the purchasing of power on the wholesale market. Costs include all sources of TMLP’s power supply portfolio.
Power Cost Adjustment (PPCA):
This is equal to the actual cost to generate and purchase power minus the generation charge. Can be set quarterly by TMLP.
Wholesale power agreement for hydro-power from NY strictly to benefit residential customers. Discount fluctuates with market rate but will never be over $0.
Prompt Payment Discount:
5% discount if invoice is paid in full within 10 days of billing.