Published: July 4, 2020 (1 year ago)
In this modern technology dependent world every business needs an IT company they can depend on. At Microdome we treat your IT needs as if they were our own. We …Read More
Server projects can seem like a daunting task but they don’t have to be. Our experienced staff works with you the customer to make sure the project is seamless …Read More
Have your PC repaired or upgraded at our Madison service center at the best rates in town. We stand behind our service to make your experience the best in the …Read More
Microdome will always show integrity and honesty in our partnership with you, our customer. We are committed to helping our community and surrounding areas with their computer needs and more. We will continue to build and appreciate every relationship with our customers, and will always strive to maintain your trust and business. We’ve got you covered.
Microdome is your source for friendly sales and service. We have been in business since 1998 and have over 50 years of combined experience. We serve Jefferson County Indiana and surrounding areas. Our motto of “When it comes to computers, we’ve got you covered” comes from our desire to provide a one stop shop for our customers; backed by un-matched customer service! Microdome has been proudly servicing the technology needs of the Southern Indiana and Northern Kentucky for over 20 years. Whether you’re an individual, small business, or large corporation we have solutions that fit your needs.
Microdome was incorporated in 1998 by Andy L. Lytle. Andy started a home based business when he was 16 years old which led to the formation of Microdome Computers when he was 18 years old. Andy attended nearby Hanover College so that he could run the new company while furthering his education. In 2002, Andy received the state of Indiana’s, Small Business Administration, Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. Over 18 years later, the company is financially strong and serving Jefferson County and surrounding areas better than ever. Microdome started with 1 employee and now has 5 full time employees and multiple contractors. Microdome has evolved with technology to serve its customers, and will continue to do so into the future.
- Computer Sales and Repair
- Residential and Commercial Onsite Services
- Network Consulting
- Server Consulting
- Managed IT Services
- Preventive Maintenance Contracts
- Data Backup Solutions
- Mobile Device Repair
- Web Design and Hosting
- Internet Services
- IP Phone Systems
- IT Security Solutions
- Component Sales
Server projects can seem like a daunting task but they don’t have to be. Our experienced staff works with you the customer to make sure the project is seamless and headache free. Whether it be a new server migration, cloud migration, virtualization, or moving data centers we have a solution to fit your needs.
Server Consulting Services:
- Server Installation
- Server Migrations
- Server Virtualization
- Cloud Migrations
- Changing/Relocating Data Centers
- Server Upgrades
Your data is the most important thing in your IT infrastructure and Microdome is here to help protect it. Our Online Backup Solution helps keep your critical data safe with our secure and redundant offsite backup solution.
- Automated backups
- Data stored offsite
- Easy to retrieve data
- Allows you to sleep easy at night
Need a web site? We’ve launched dozens of professional and innovative sites for our clients.
We also offer photography, SEO, site design & architecture, custom designed web applications, blogs, communities, and e-commerce services.
Quick and stable. Each second your site is down, a customer could be left in the dark. Microdome offers shared hosting and dedicated Virtual Private Servers for all of your hosting needs. Call us today to discuss your individual needs.
Get the internet direct to your home, without wires. Fast rural speeds and an enhanced service area make Microdome Wireless Networks a smart choice. Rural coverage, quick speed, and reliability covering the Madison, Indiana area. Please call for a free site survey.
- Technical Support: (812) 265-1140 – Choose Option 3
Microdome Online Backup Solution (OBS)
Trouble in Paradise
A client of ours recently had one of their computers get infected with Cryptolocker. The Cryptolocker infection is an especially nasty one as it not only targets the local computer files but also any other connected media. External USB hard drives and mapped network drives are also vulnerable. The user that was infected also had administrator privileges to the entire shared directory on their server and also had a mapped drive to the root of the shared directory. As you can imagine this all added up to a bad mess of the user local files being corrupted as well as the entire network share directory.
Call to Action
As soon as the support request came in our techs immediately started working to isolate the infection and prevent any further damage from being done. Once the infection was isolated our techs assessed the damage and found that all data in the network share on their server was lost.
There is Hope
This client used our Online Backup Solution to keep secure backups of the data stored on their server. Our techs were able to do a complete restore of all the data to the network share directory. Once the data was fully restored and verified the client employees were able to regain access to the network share. Thanks to the client using our Online Backup Solution our techs were able to assess the situation, implement a solution, and restore user functionality within 24 hours of the support request.
- Regardless of their position at the company, users with full administrator privileges to all files on a network is a dangerous practice.
- Mapping the root of a network share rather than just the folders needed is dangerous. This practice is especially dangerous when the user has administrator privileges to the entire directory.
- Having an excellent backup and disaster recovery strategy is of utmost importance to business continuity. Without proper backups this client could have lost years of data that would have been a catastrophic loss to the business.
- The Microdome Online Backup Solution is reliable, secure, and robust.
Often we don’t realize how important and costly something is until we lose it. Don’t let a disaster cause your business downtime and monetary damages that could have been prevented. Give us a call or stop by today to discuss a custom backup solution that fits your needs. Our phone number is 812-265-1140 and we are located at 521 Clifty Drive, Madison, IN.
What you need to know about Windows 10:
- The “Start” button is back. It is a mashup of the Windows 7 Start Menu and the Windows 8 Start Screen.
- Improved integration between the Desktop and the Metro UI that allows for smoother movement between the two environments.
- Windows 10 for home users will mean a new “forced” update policy where the end user is no longer in control of what updates are installed or when they are installed. There is however a way to regain control over your own updates.
- In order to do a direct upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 the following requirements have to be met:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update 1
- CPU: 1GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard Disk Space: 16GB for 32-bit or 20GB for 64-bit
- See the full list of specifications and requirements here: Windows 10 Specifications
- As with all new Operating System releases the release date version is rarely a truly finished and refined product. At Microdome we always suggest taking a slow and cautious approach to upgrading to a new Operating System. Just because the release date is July 29th, 2015 it doesn’t mean you are required to upgrade that day. Normally waiting a few months and letting a few update cycles take place helps avoid some issues with a new version of an Operating System.
If you have any questions regarding Windows 10 or other computer related items give us a call at 812-265-1140.
Credit card fraud and identity theft are rampant in the US, often using things like phishing emails and card skimmers to garner your information. A common tactic used by these criminals is a phone call from someone purporting to be with “Microsoft” or “Windows” or some non-existent tech support firm with the sad news that your computer is reporting to them that it’s infected or has some major problem.
Continue reading →
The “End of Life” for Windows Server 2003 is almost here. Microsoft announced some time ago that July 14, 2015 will be the final date for support of the aging server operating system. After July 14, 2015 Microsoft will no longer be releasing upgrades, security updates, system patches, or any other support related items. This also means that Windows Server 2003 will no longer meet compliance for PCI, HIPAA, and other mandated security policies. Even if your business is not required to comply with a mandated security standard it would still go against general “best practice” security recommendations to continue to use Windows Server 2003 in your network environment.
Continue reading →
The details of the security breaches at Target and Home Depot can be down right scary. Possibly none of the details are more disturbing than the recent information regarding how the breaches may not have happened if the retailers had upgraded their embedded systems to a more modern Operating System.
Continue reading →