Granby Telephone Company has been in existence for over 114 years and has been owned and managed by the Stouffer family since 1930. The business was started by individual business owners in Neosho and Granby in 1904 and bought by L. Q. Adamson in 1929. In 1930, Harold Stouffer came to assist Adamson in his business endeavors, and soon became the sole owner after Adamson’s death. The company was then owned by Harold’s son, Dale Stouffer, and his wife, Shirley Stouffer, for 30 years. Their son, Jon Stouffer, then became the President in 1987 and created GTC Broadband in 2010 as the main Internet company. In the time Jon has been the CEO, he has established state-of-the-art Fiber to the Home (FTTH) for all of Diamond and most of the Granby customers, and this project is continuing to grow. Jon’s daughter, Savannah Stouffer, currently works at the company. She plans to one day follow in the footsteps of her family members by becoming the fourth-generation owner of the company.
Today, GTC Broadband offers state-of-the-art Fiber-Optic Internet connection at 250 Mbps. This type of Internet connection is the same as Google Fiber, but is offered with hometown customer service to residents of Diamond and Granby, Missouri.
The goal of GTC Broadband is to provide our customers with fastest and most reliable fiber optic Internet service in the SWMO area. We pledge to provide our customers local, quality customer service and our community ethical business dealings and a strong presence in giving back.
A Letter from our President
At GTC Broadband, our #1 goal is to provide our customers with the fastest and most reliable Internet service possible. However, since it is technology, it is impossible for it to never go down or have some issue arise. During the past 8 years, we have been investing in a completely underground Fiber to the Home network to serve all our customers in Granby and Diamond.
Internet Only Plans
|Internet Speed||Monthly Cost|
|10 Mbps||$77.95 (New LOWER PRICE!)|
|25 Mbps||$79.95 (New LOWER PRICE!)|
- No Phone!
- No Data Limits!
- Business account rates may be slightly higher than listed rates above
- Fiber Service Connections are symmetrical connections at 10 Mbps, 25 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 250 Mbps.
- Copper Service Connections are asymmetrical at up to 10 Mbps Download and 1 Mbps Upload with best efforts given to reach those speeds.
Compliance with Copyright Laws
GTC Broadband strictly follows all copyright laws and statements made by the US Copyright Office. Any infringement by our customers upon these laws and statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly.
WiFi Support & Maintenance Plans
- Standard Wifi + Device Connection Support – $3.95
- (NEW) Whole Home WiFi + Device Connection Support – $6.95
Phone Only (Provided by Granby Telephone Company)
Benefit from the great American landline telephone. The basic landline telephone includes Caller ID, 3-Way Calling, Call Forwarding, and Call Forwarding Busy at a low rate of $20.50* per month.
*Telephone Service and Telephone/Internet Bundles rates do not include additional fees, surcharges or taxes including Newton County E911, Mo Relay, Access, ARC, FUSC or other regulated federal, state, and city taxes.
|GTC Broadband Long Distance Rates||Cost|
|Within the 417 area||$.15 per minute|
|Outside the 417 area||$.08 per minute|
|International calls||Billed outside the above rates|
Phone Wiring Maintenance – $3.95
Lifeline Discount Programs
Federal Lifeline Application Information
Lifeline is a federal benefit that lowers the monthly cost of telephone or internet service. Qualifying is the first step to getting your Lifeline benefit.
Lifeline Program Changes and Rates
- New Universal Service Lifeline Discount Rules Effective December 1, 2019
- Internet Lifeline Discount amount continues at $9.25 if the subscriber has a 25 Mbps Internet or higher plan.
- The discount rate for telephone service only or a telephone/internet plan under 25 Mbps is NOW $7.25.
Lifeline Program Rules
- Your household can only receive one Lifeline benefit.
- You must give accurate and true information on this form.
- Lifeline is non-transferable. You cannot share you Lifeline benefit with any other person, even if they qualify.
State of Missouri Universal Low Income Support Program for Telephone Service
The current Missouri USF Lifeline benefit is up to $16.75 determined by the service subscription. There may be exceptions and a lower discount may be applicable.
To see if you qualify for the Low Income Discount programs:
- Log into the Qualifier Website to complete the application
- Lifeline National Qualifier and Recertification
Missouri USF Disabled Discount Program
- Missouri USF Disabled Support – $24.00