VOICE OVER IP
Just a fancy acronym for an IP based telephony solution which uses the internet to make calls instead of dedicated lines. Do you have internet connectivity? Then you can setup VoIP and with the wide selection of connectivity options available there is sure to be something perfect to run your telephony solution. Our minutes are cheap and our applications easy and simple to use. Phone us today for a demonstration and pre-site to see how we can save you money.
Globe Com has partnered with carriers in South Africa with multiple Interconnect agreements to ensure high quality, low cost calling anywhere in the world. Our Voice Over IP platform is highly scalable without restriction to the number of inbound, outbound or combined lines that is adjustable within seconds to meet your changing requirements.
Globe com has the ability to offer a suite of hosted communication solutions providing customers a full range of hosted communication services. We have a range of products and services from a simple Hosted PBX through to a fully supported on client site communication platform
What is a Virtual Private Network?
“A virtual private network (VPN) is a network that uses a public telecommunication infrastructure, such as the Internet, to provide remote offices or individual users with secure access to their organization’s network. It aims to avoid an expensive system of owned or leased lines that can be used by only one organization. The goal of a VPN is to provide the organization with the same secure capabilities but at a much lower cost.” VPNS are ideal if:
By combining our VPN, firewall and clustering solutions large deployments can be robustly supported, allowing many remote users to simultaneously access head-office applications securely.
- You want to give your mobile workforce access to the office network while on the road or,
- Your staff want to be able to connect to your offices network from home
- Pros and cons of using a VPN
The benefit of using a secure VPN is it ensures the appropriate level of security to the connected systems when the underlying network infrastructure alone cannot provide it. The justification for using VPN access instead of a private network usually boils down to cost and feasibility: It is either not feasible to have a private network — e.g., for a traveling sales rep — or it is too costly to do so. VPN performance can be affected by a variety of factors, among them the speed of users, internet connections, the types of protocols an internet service provider may use and the type of encryption the VPN uses. Performance can also be affected by poor quality of service and conditions that are outside the control of IT.
- There are several different protocols used to secure and encrypt users and corporate data:
- IP security (IPsec)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Point-To-Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP)
- Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol (L2TP)
- The most commo
CCTV and SecurityFor any business that wants to protect their technology investment, security should be a top priority. Globe com offers high-tech CCTV security systems and remote monitoring solutions that allow you to keep an eye on your business at all times through 24-hour live video footage that can be accessed directly from your web-enabled device or smartphone from wherever you are.
- Security Cameras: Get access to live and recorded surveillance of your premises locally and remotely.
- Dome Cameras: Mini Dome Cameras, Varifocal Dome Cameras, Vandal Resistant Dome Cameras
- Internal Cameras: Covert Cameras, Day/Night Bullet Cameras, Box Cameras
- Digital Video Recorders: Embedded Recorders, Network Video Recorders, Standalone Recorders
- Accessories: Cabling, Housing, Brackets, LCD Monitors, Dummy Cameras
n types of VPNs are remote-access VPNs and site-to-site VPNs.