|WHO ARE WE?
We are your neighbor! As a subsidiary of Five Area Telephone Cooperative, Five Area Long Distance is a full service provider for all of your voice communications needs. This means simply one bill for your local and long distance services, friendly and knowledgeable customer representatives who you probably already know, and a dedicated commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Furthermore, your dollar stays right here, in your own community where it can be invested and support your local economy.
CAN WE OFFER THE SAME QUALITY AS THE OTHER COMPANIES?
Absolutely! We provide the same level of technology, including Digital Fiber Optic networks and Digital Switching as used by larger Long Distance Companies. This technology assures you long distance service that is always there and always clear.
WHAT RATES AND SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
With our simple and competative 1+ rate structure listed below, we take the confusion out of analyzing complicated rate plans loaded with fine print and miscellaneous surcharges.
||$0.22 per minute
||$0.17 per minute
||$0.14 per minute
||$0.16 per minute anytime, anywhere
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Visit our office at 302 Uvalde, Muleshoe, Tx., give us a call at: 1(800) 965-3253, (806)272-5533, or e-mail us at [email protected]
||FEES & FILTERING
|10x1Meg Copper DSL
|15x1Meg Copper DSL
|10x3Meg Fiber Residential, 10x10Meg Business
|25x3Meg Fiber Residential, 25x25Meg Business
|50x3Meg Fiber Residential, 50x50Meg Business
|100x50Meg Fiber Residential, 100×100 Business
|150x150Meg Fiber Residential and Business
|200x200Meg Fiber Residential and Business
|250x250Meg Fiber Residential and Business
Wireless and High Speed DSL
$50.00 Residential $90.00 Business
APre-payment may be required to activate any of our Internet services.
(Pre-payment consists of one month of service paid at time of activation)
E-mail Spam Filtering Software $1.50 per month
Please call to enroll in this service.
|1Meg additional upload speed up to 10Meg $2.00per 1Meg only available for 10Meg or higher Fiber Internet services.
| WIRELESS INTERNET
1Meg additional upload speed up to 5Meg $10.00 per 1Meg only available for 10Meg Wireless Service
Wireless Internet is available in the following areas (Installation fees are NOT included)
| Tam Anne *
High-Speed DSL is available in the following areas:
With our new home automation and security products we have everything you need to make your home, farm or business safe, smart and secure! Simplify your life and save energy by using our smart products like appliance and lighting controls and energy management controls. At the same time feel safe and secure with our digital door locks, motion and lighting sensors and video surveillance cameras and products. A simple yet endless array of customizable rules and alerts let you decide how your system works for you and we offer a state-of-the-art secure cloud video storage solution for all of your video surveillence needs.
As a subscriber to FAS (Five Area Systems) Inside Wire Maintenance, if you experience a problem with your telephone service, FAS will diagnose the trouble and if the problem is with your inside telephone wire, or jacks, FAS will repair the trouble at no cost to you as provided in the following inside wire contract.
FAS Inside Wire Maintenance is an optional service that is not required for you to continue basic telephone service. This maintenance plan is a service offered to help you avoid unexpected costs and have your service repaired in a timely and professional manner, should you experience trouble. You can cancel the FAS Inside Wire Maintenance at any time without incurring a disconnect charge.
You were apprised of the price of the FAS Inside Wire Maintenance at the time you initially enrolled. The price is subject to change. You will be notified in advance of any rate change.
IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS EXIST TO THIS SERVICE.YOU SHOULD READ THE FOLLOWING CONTRACT TO UNDERSTAND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
CONTRACT Terms and Conditions
- For a flat monthly fee, the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan provides trouble isolation service and repair service on inside telephone wire and jacks. Inside Wire is that wire on the customer’s side of the network interface device, which is usually a box located on the outside of your home. Unless specified otherwise, the term “Inside Wire” or “Inside Wiring,” when used in this Contract, shall include inside telephone wire and jacks.
- The Inside Wire Maintenance Plan is offered by FAS to its residential and business local exchange customers.
- By paying for this service, you agree to be bound by all of the provisions of the terms and conditions including any modifications to the terms and conditions adopted by FAS in the future.
- The Inside Wire Maintenance Plan is an optional service that is not required for you to subscribe to or needed to continue Local Services.
- The Inside Wire Maintenance Plan becomes effective thirty (30) days after you enroll.
- The Inside Wire Maintenance Plan is not offered for repair of complex Inside Wire associated with multiple lines that use common equipment such as telephone stations that are part of a key or PBX telephone system.
- If you have more than one single-line telephone service at one location, e.g., two telephone numbers, and you wish to order this optional service, you must subscribe to the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan for each telephone number or service at the same location in order for each telephone number to receive the plan benefits.
- If you live in rented/leased facilities, military housing, condominiums, or cooperative dwellings, you should first determine whether you are responsible for repairs to your telephone inside wire prior to subscribing to the service. When you report trouble that interferes with the proper functioning of telephone service, we will test the line to determine if the trouble is on the network side of the telephone network interface (demarcation point between our responsibility and the customer’s responsibility) or on the customer side.
- If the trouble is on our side of the telephone network interface, the trouble will be repaired at our expense in accordance with our tariff as part of our local telephone service. If the trouble is on the customer side of the network interface, we will test the line to determine if the trouble is caused by the inside telephone wire or a specific telephone set or equipment. If the trouble is caused by inside telephone wire, we will repair or replace the defective inside telephone wire subject to the limitations and exclusions contained in this Plan.
- If the trouble is not caused by the inside wiring or jacks, but instead by the customer’s telephone, telephone equipment, such as a separate ringer, transformer, lights, speaker telephone or answering device, fax machine, satellite TV equipment, we will locate the problem, however, there will be a charge for this service.
- At our discretion, we will determine the manner by which repairs will be made. Surface mounting is the standard for replaced wiring and jacks.
- Requests for replacement with concealed wiring requiring extra work will be subject to time and material charges.
- Inside Wire Maintenance Plan services provide repair and replacement of Inside Wire rendered defective by reason of ordinary wear and tear and simple negligence.
What is NOT included in the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan Service?
- Excluded from coverage is Inside Wire rendered defective by reasons of flood, earthquake, acts of war, fire, wind, or other casualty requiring a substantial reconstruction of the premises (excluding lightning). Also excluded from coverage of Inside Wire Maintenance Plan service is Inside Wire rendered defective by gross negligence, willful damage, or vandalism.
- Inside Wiring that did not work when the service was ordered, that does not meet our installation practices or technical standard, and wiring not connected to the telephone network is not covered by Inside Wire Maintenance Plan services. Outside wiring to a detached structure on the same premises is not covered; however, wiring inside the detached structure is covered.
- Inside Wiring is not covered when we are prevented from accessing it, for example, by actions taken by the owner of the property, by government or military authorities (i.e., the Customer lives on a military base), or by your landlord.
- If the repair covered by the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan requires conduit, cutting, or patching of finished walls, floors, or ceilings, or structure modifications, the Customer is responsible for arranging to have such work performed by other persons at the Customer’s expense.
- After each repair or installation visit, the customer has the responsibility to reestablish connection or verify proper functioning of any telephone transmitting, dialing, or answering equipment connected to Inside Wire, such as automatic dialers, fire and burglar alarms, meters, sensors, and answering devices.
- Access to the premise and attendance of an authorized adult is necessary during a premise visit. A “Failure to Cancel Premise Visit” charge may apply if an appointment is not cancelled prior to the scheduled appointment window.
- It is also the customer’s responsibility to reprogram any telephone numbers or codes that have been extinguished as a result of the line or any equipment being disconnected during our test of the functioning of the Inside Wire or the central office network access line.
Charges and Taxes.
- By requesting the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan, you agree to pay our current charges for such services which may change from time to time, as well as any taxes and fees assessed.
- Cancellation of Service You may cancel the service at any time by calling our service center.
- Charges are prorated to the date service is canceled, except that, for the first billing month, there is a minimum of one month billing. There is no charge for canceling the service. We may deny Inside Wire Maintenance Plan services during a period when the Customer’s account is in suspension/disconnection for late or nonpayment or in instances where there has been abuse of service. Abuse of service is deemed when a customer repeatedly causes or permits damage to occur to the Inside Wire. If the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan is reordered after cancellation, there is a 30-day waiting period before the service becomes effective.
- Amendment of Terms and Conditions, Increases in Prices, and Termination of Offering We reserve the right to discontinue offering the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan, or to amend the terms and conditions, including increasing the prices, by giving Inside Wire Maintenance Customers notice of the contract amendment, change in the charge, or discontinuance of the offering.
- Notice of change may be provided by a variety of methods, including the Five Area website, by a toll free number, or by any other reasonable method at FAS’s discretion. Changes to the Terms and Conditions can be viewed at www.fivearea.com .
- By paying the monthly charge after the effective date of the notice, you agree to be bound by any amendment to the terms and conditions of the Inside Wire Maintenance Plan or changes in charges for the Plan.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
FAS shall not be liable for delays or failure to perform Inside Wire repair or installation service due to circumstances beyond our control. This includes natural catastrophes, civil disturbances, weather, material shortages, and unusual work loads.
FAS shall not be responsible or liable for defacement or damage to customer premises occasioned by drilling of holes, or in the attachment and removal of wiring and equipment with standard screws, staples, hooks, fasteners, and adhesives when performed in a workmanlike manner. FAS shall not be liable under any circumstances for attorney’s fees or indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, lost profits or any other expense, loss, or damage, directly or indirectly arising from the performance or nonperformance of Inside Wire Maintenance Plan services or from the malfunctioning or nonfunctioning of apparatus connected to Customers’ Inside Wire, such as automatic dialers, fire and burglar alarms, meters, sensors, answering devices, and telephones. FAS’s total liability will be limited to amounts paid by the customer for Inside Wire maintenance coverage (except for bodily injury and damages to real and tangible property proximately caused by FAS’s negligent or willful act). (eff 02/18)
High-Performance Wi-Fi: For those who demand the best
WiFi AND SMART HOME INTEGRATION DONE RIGHT
|Here is a list of FREE Applications designed to make your Internet experience safer and easier. Great free email clients, anti-virus software and anti-malware software and Speed Test Software:
Internet Speed Test Links
Free Webmail Clients
Free Anti-Virus Software
Free Anti-Malware Software
- Malwarebytes – Anti Malware Software – Click Here
- SUPERAntispyware – Anti-Malware Software – Click Here
Remote Access Software
Home Automation App
Fast, reliable home Wi-Fi, it’s what we all deserve.
Do you demand a premium experience for all your online activities? If so, you need top of the line hardware, bundled with simple yet robust controls.
Five Area Systems LLC. GigaSpire MAX has all this and more. With built-in Amazon Alexa and the industry’s latest WiFi and Smart Home protocols wrapped into a beautiful design, our GigaSpire MAX is the perfect command center for your smart home or business network. With sophisticated remote monitoring and diagnostics – paired with the knowledge and support of an expert WiFi team – smart home integration has never been easier, and the WiFi has never been better.
GIGASPIRE MAX: Taking smart home performance and control to another level
The GigaSpire MAX is a next-generation smart home system. Leveraging the latest advancements in WiFi technology, including the 802.11ax WiFi standard (also known as ‘WiFi 6’), it combines blazing-fast speeds with whole-home coverage to give you an unrivaled online experience. Whether you’re streaming HD video on multiple devices simultaneously, uploading a big presentation for work, or gaming online with friends, the GigaSpire MAX has got you covered.
But that’s not all. The GigaSpire MAX has Amazon Alexa built in and blends the industry’s best WiFi performance and coverage with support for all the latest smart home protocols to ensure universal connectivity on a single platform. It’s not a typical WiFi gateway—it’s a command center for your entire smart home experience.
The latest technology. The best performance
Not all WiFi is created equal. The GigaSpire MAX provides the best WiFi available and adds exciting new features to help you manage your smart home with ease.
BUILT-IN AMAZON ALEXA
With Amazon Alexa built-in to your GigaSpire MAX, you can use simple voice commands to get real-time information about your network— like, which user is using the most bandwidth or what’s my WiFi password? The GigaSpire MAX with Alexa built-in also makes it easy to pair and control all the smart devices in your home.
SMART HOME PROTOCOL SUPPORT
The GigaSpire MAX supports the most popular smart device protocols—like Bluetooth, Zigbee, and Z-Wave—so you can connect the latest and greatest smart devices to the network hassle-free.
802.11ax (also known as ‘WiFi 6’) is the most advanced WiFi standard yet. It’s faster and optimized for performance in today’s busy smart home environments.
Dual-band support means that the GigaSpire MAX lets you take advantage of all the capabilities of WiFi 6 (802.11ax) using both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. With 8×8 at 5 GHz and 4×4 at 2.4 GHz, GigaSPIRE MAX is the most powerful dual-band WiFi device in the industry.
Remote management when you need it
If you need additional help with any technical issues, we’ve got you covered with sophisticated remote monitoring and diagnostics that help us identify and resolve any problems you may be experiencing quickly – and, in most cases, without having to send a technician to your home.
Our experienced customer support representatives can see which of your devices are connected, which ones are having issues and help you troubleshoot and solve the problem quickly. In fact, we can perform a wide range of diagnostics to make sure you’re getting the best possible service.
- Uptime of your GigaSpire MAX – Is your gateway functioning correctly or powered on consistently?
- Interference on Wi-Fi channels – Make sure other devices aren’t interfering with your WiFi signal.
- Internet errors – If your GigaSpire MAX or your Internet connection is not strong or is malfunctioning, we can monitor recent and current errors.
- Ethernet ports functioning – Is a device plugged in directly to your GigaSpire MAX? Is the Ethernet port functioning correctly?
- Connected devices – We can make sure your devices are connected to the Internet and receiving a strong WiFi signal.
- Password and setting changes – If you need assistance, we can help you by changing your WiFi password or wireless settings from our office.
Why GigaSpire MAX?
- Use simple voice commands to access detailed information about your WiFi network;
- Connect virtually any smart home device, regardless of the wireless technology required;
- The same great WiFi quality everywhere you roam in your home; and
- It’s easy to install and looks great in any room in your home.