Community Internet Service is dedicated to providing an enjoyable hosting experience. The policies and procedures that are in place are to protect the masses, keep operating costs down, and to make sure that the services offered are well defined in advance. By using Community Internet Service these policies automatically apply to clients when service is requested. Below are the policies covering some of the more important parts of the TOS, DOS and AUP.
- CIS: Community Internet Service
- DOS: Definition of Service
- TOS: Terms of Service
- AUP: Acceptable User Policy
- You: includes an individual or the authorized representative of a constituted entity, such as a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership.
Definition of Service
- The monthly cost of the internet covers issues with our services only, any other issues will be billed separately
- Internet access is defined by a working port that can connect to the internet.
- Email is defined by a working account on our server that can send and receive email.
- Web space is defined by a working account on our server that can be uploaded to and browsed.
- Static public IP address is defined by a routable public IP assigned to your connection.
Terms of Service
- Take responsibility. Anything that happens on your connection is your responsibility. Ultimately, if a third party breaks the AUP or TOS it’s still your fault.
- Security on your connection is a must. If you get hacked and the hacker does harmful things or uses a lot of resources, you will be charged. There are no exceptions. Your connection is your responsibility, keep it secure!
- CIS shall not, in any way, be held responsible for any claims or damages caused by any of its customers. You agree to use all of the services provided by CIS at your own risk. CIS specifically disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- You understand that your CIS connection may be interrupted for several reasons. You understand that it may not be possible for you to receive advance notification of any such interruption of service. CIS shall not be liable for any loss of data, non deliveries, wrong deliveries, delay in or failure to perform the services caused by its own negligence or circumstances beyond its control.
- CIS retains ownership of all radio equipment and will maintain it as needed.
- Termination Terms
- If you want to cancel your account, we need it in writing. Email or Standard mail it to CIS.
- Your service may be terminated without warning for violating any part of the AUP or TOS.
- No data will be kept or forwarded after termination of service.
- Equipment will be removed from your premises at our convenience.
- If presented with a court order or lawful process including a subpoena by a legitimate law enforcement organization, CIS will release your private data. In no other circumstance will we reveal your private information.
- CIS reserves the right to change pricing at any time (Grandfather Clause will be in affect, however, if pricing does change your account will follow the new pricing after your contract has ended) if this occurs and it does not meet your approval, you can cancel your account.
- CIS monitors bandwidth. If you exceed your usage, charges will automatically be applied to your account. Failure to pay the full amount will result in deactivation of your account .
- Payment is due on the 1st of the month for that month’s service. It is your responsibility to make sure payment arrives on this date or CIS will apply late fees as follows, on the 1st a $5 late fee will be applied and a reminder letter will be mailed, on the 15th day of the month, service will be deactivated and if full payment is not received within 10 days of deactivation a $30 reactivation fee will be applied. All payments to CIS are non-refundable.
Acceptable User Policy
- Do not SPAM! This includes sending any type of mass mailing to anyone on the Internet that does not want it. Sending ANY type of mass mailing even to people that have requested it has a risk, if SPAM is reported, service is ended. This includes, but is not limited to, opt-in mailing lists.
- Do not break copyright laws. Using other people’s websites, graphic images, or files, if permission is not granted, is against the law.
- Do not collect or use data about users without them knowing. This is also unlawful and will result in termination of service.
- Distribution of files that contain viruses, virus files, or code related to creating viruses is prohibited.
- Do not participate in illegal activity. This is including, but not limited to, types of pornography and hacking of any type, if it is questionable, service will be terminated immediately.
- Do not share your connection with any computer that is not on your premises, intentional or unintentional will result in termination of service.
If you are interested in saving $2 each month by utilizing our automatic payment option just click on the link below, fill out the form and mail it to us and we will take care of the rest.
To pay online, click on the link below. If you have a PayPal account just sign in and pay as normal. If you do not have a PayPal account click on the “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” link.
|Q: What is wireless Internet and how does it work?|
|A: It is a high-speed (Broadband) Internet access medium. Wireless Internet uses radio signals to transmit Internet service to subscribers’ computers at speeds that far exceed those provided by traditional telephone line-based Internet services. A small antennae is placed on the client’s building that has a line of sight to one of the CIS towers. That antennae provides the link between your computer or network and the Internet.|
|Q: Are wireless towers the same as cell phone towers?|
|A: No, they are on a completely different frequency band and their power output in watts is much greater than the CIS wireless towers.|
|Q: What type of equipment do I need in order to sign up for CIS services?|
|A: Users need a computer with an Ethernet card. An Ethernet card is a network card that is in the computer. Most businesses have a network to link their computers already established. The Ethernet card allows one computer to talk to the radio modem, or if on a network, allows it to talk with other computers within the company.|
|Q: Can we eliminate any equipment we currently use?|
|A: If you have a second phone for Internet, it is no longer required for wireless.|
|Q: What type of equipment is used by CIS and where is it installed?|
|A: We use a small antennae that is 10 by 10 by 6 inches. It is installed anywhere on your building where there is a clear line of sight to any of CIS’s towers. A small wire is run from that to either your computer or wherever your network is installed.|
|Q: Is the equipment leased, or may we buy it?|
|A: The equipment is owned and maintained by CIS and is included in the monthly cost of the service .|
|Q: How long does installation take?|
|A: That depends on the building itself, but anywhere between 60 minutes and three hours. If it is necessary to run wire from one side of a larger building to the opposite side, for example, installation will take longer. Most of the installation time is spent on running wire.|
|Q: How is CIS going to save me time and money?|
|A: Users will save money by not having to pay for a second telephone line, and productivity will be increased due to the high speeds available through wireless Internet. Because wireless Internet does not rely on telephone lines or cable, it is on 24/7. The only time it would be off is in the event of a natural disaster or other significant emergency.|
|Q: If I’m within range of a CIS tower, can I use my mobile laptop computer?|
|A: Not at this time. However, “Hot Spot” services as described in the question are currently in the development stages and should be available in the near future.|
|Q: Do you have technical support services available?|
|A: Yes, CIS clients have support services available throughout the day.|
|Q: What other services does CIS offer?|
|A: Web hosting, which means your Web site can be hosted on the CIS server. We also offer general computer services.|